Director, Business Development (Drug Development Services)- HOME BASED
Job Category: Business Development
Primary Location: North America- United States- California- San Francisco
The Director, Business Development will support SCG (The Company), a drug development services company focused on integrated drug development programs.
The Director, Business Development will secure and retain business for SCG through professional, consultative, proactive sales activities directed at decision makers and decision influencers at existing
and new medical communication sponsors. Oversee the sales activities (including, but limited to cold calling, proposal writing, contract negotiations, support of clients relations) and position SCG as
a primary or preferred provider for all professional drug discovery services to be outsourced.
**POSITION TO BE HOME-OFFICE BASED ON THE WEST COAST--BAY AREA PREFERRED, BUT OPEN TO SAN DIEGO OR OTHER WEST COAST LOCATION**
Education and Experience:
* Bachelors Degree in science or business (Master’s/PhD considered a plus)
* 5+ years sales experience in biotech/pharmaceutical/CRO (development sciences required)
* Or equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities to form the job.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Computer skills to handle sales automation, word processing, spreadsheets, power point and email.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to manage people and tasks
* Problem solving
* Sales skills
* Contract negotiation skills
Schawan Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer